One of the many services we offer at Studio 237 is a smoothing Keratin treatment. Keratin treatments are a growing trend that leave your hair soft, smooth and frizz free. Keratin is a protein that is naturally in your hair. The Keratin treatment locks Keratin in your hair using products and heat. A Keratin treatment can take anywhere from 2-6 hours depending on the length of your hair. The stylist will complete the following steps to achieve a smooth polished look for your hair:
- Hair is shampooed with clarifying shampoo, towel dried and pre-treatment spray is applied
- Treatment is applied next (1/2 inch from the scalp), hair is combed through
- At this point, there are no bends in the hair and all hair sections are smoothed downwards
- Fingers are used to smooth hair, removing any lines. Hair is covered in plastic for 10-40 minutes.
*A strand test is done after 10 minutes by tying a knot in the hair. If it opens easily the hair needs more time. If it does not open it is done.
- Next, hair is rinsed for 10 minutes with warm water then combed through and towel dried. In half inch partings, pre-treat is sprayed on the entire length of hair. Hair is towel blotted.
- Hair is blown dry using medium heat and medium air. Hair is finger combed straight downwards.
- NO clips or pins can be put in hair now. Hair is flat ironed in sections ¼ inch from the nape. Hair is kept straight and tangle free. Wait 1 hour.
- Starting at the nape, Hair is parted in 4 sections. Neutralizer is applied in ½ inch sections. Hair is combed straight downwards. Neutralizer is left on hair for 10 minutes.
- Hair is rinsed for 5 minutes and towel blotted. Post-treat is applied to the ends and middle. After waiting 2-3 minutes, hair is rinsed.
- Hair is blown dry using fingers. A brush and flat iron are used to finish style.
CARING FOR YOUR HAIR POST TREATMENT
There are a few simple rules to abide by following your Keratin treatment. Do not wash your hair with shampoo for 48-72 hours. Also, do not use any pins, braids or clips for 48 hours. Talk to one of our stylists to see if a Keratin treatment is right for you.